Activity Analysis Debrief

Today for class we implemented our activities that we analyzed. My activity was called "Let it Snow!", which consisted of making fake snow out of conditioner and baking soda. While this activity was obviously not something that people will do everyday, it is a beneficial activity for many populations. Instead of just taking an adolescent with a TBI or intellectual disability into the kitchen and having them prepare food, or write down measurements, participants have fun making a sensory friendly snow while also learning about measurements. Overall, I think the activity went very well. I realized that there were even a few things that I didn't think would be as difficult as they were, like opening the box of baking soda- that was hard! My group discussed ways to grade the activity up and down, and they even gave me some ideas of ways to change it that I didn't think of. I think in a field where creativity is so important, other practitioners are a great resource. As we continue to do assignments like this, I think that I need to learn how to manage my time a little more wisely, so I will work on that. Lastly, in undergrad I learned of how awkward it is to have a great activity but then not close/end it well. For that reason, I had the participants fill ziplock bags with snow while we talked about different elements of the activity, which seemed to wrap things up really well! Overall, I enjoyed this class and seeing everyone's creativity!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"DisABLED"