Clinical Reasoning: The Gray


The “gray area” as discussed often in OT, is a continual theme from defining the profession to interacting with clients and understanding clinical reasoning. In class we learned about the steps and types of clinical reasoning that we will encounter in the field. I think that all of the elements, but especially the element of artistic reasoning will be very important for me to develop, and I have seen the importance of this through past experience. In undergrad I studied therapeutic recreation, which I think was an amazing opportunity to guide me into “OT think”, to think about a person holistically, and to really use a gray area to be creative. I hope to end up working as an OT in Guatemala, which I know will require extra creativity to come up with tools for therapy with minimal supplies. Additionally, ethical reasoning will be critical. The need in Guatemala is extensive, so just knowing that I will not be able to reach everyone in need and developing ways to meet the needs of as many people as I can reach (which is obviously difficult) will be necessary. I think that over time I will develop skills in clinical reasoning so that I can make these decisions to the best of my ability. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"DisABLED"