Thoughts on "Help Me Remember"

After listening to the podcast "Help Me Remember", I felt like I had an honest look into the lives of a family of someone that experienced a TBI. It seemed more raw and honest than a typical socially correct answer that one would give when asked about how life is after a TBI, something like "We are doing OK, just adjusting" is what I have heard. Although the things that the husband said about leaving his wife seemed intense and almost heartless at first, I cannot even imagine having someone have such a change in their personality as that, and adapting to the new life that leads to, he was just telling how he honestly felt. I feel bad for the daughters that had to listen to the things that the parents said to each other, that they had to grow up in such a short amount of time. And as I thought about those I know with a TBI that have children, I imagined what they were going through. I would have like to, for this class, know a little bit more about the specifics of Dawn's TBI, and the specific areas affected, because so much more than just her memory changed. I think that the effect of injuries on the brain is very interesting and am looking forward to learning techniques to working with individuals with such injuries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"DisABLED"